After a winter wedding theme last week, it’s fair to say that at Aspirational Bride we’ve established that winter is a truly magical and special time of year for a wedding. Very few UK brides can realistically expect snow on their wedding day, but that doesn’t have to stop you having your own very special Narnia inspired Snow Queen wedding theme.
Here’s Aspirational Bride’s top tips for creating a Snow Queen wedding theme:
- Opt for a dramatic Snow Queen ‘statement’ wedding dress – think delicate jewelled bodice and a full A-line or fishtail skirt.
- Wrap yourself up in a practical but luxurious white faux fur trimmed cloak, coat, shrug or bolero.
- Dress your bridesmaids in pale icy blues and shimmering silvers and turn your flower girls into beautiful snow fairies, with silver wands and wings.
- Opt for an opulent bejeweled headpiece/tiara and wedding jewellery lavishly decorated with Swarovski crystals to give added sparkle.
- Carry a bouquet of white flowers but create extra interest, sparkle and colour by adding silver twigs, frosted pine cones, white feathers and sparkling silver and pale blue beads. Tie your bouquet with an ice blue or silver ribbon, and fasten with a sparkly jewelled brooch.
- Use snowflakes as a key motif for wedding stationary, napkin rings, place name cards and even your cake topper.
- Hire a snow machine!
- Scatter tables with white feathers and iridescent snowflake table confetti. Place blue glow sticks under layers of white tulle to light your tables and for height create a stunning centrepiece from silver twigs twisted with white fairy lights.
- Mark each guests place with a pale blue bauble labelled with their name.
- For your wedding cake indulge the chocoholic in you and have a mouth-watering creation made from curls of white chocolate or consider a wedding cake that reflects winter flavors e.g. orange, cranberry or even peppermint. Top your winter wedding cake with a beautiful bride and groom snow globe.
- Serve guests either a warming punch or ‘Eggnog’ cocktails and serve canapés of chestnuts dipped in white chocolate. To make them, coat chestnuts in melted chocolate, let cool, and garnish with a bit of edible gold leaf!
Category: Wedding Color & Theme Ideas