Rose Wedding Theme
Today on Aspirational Bride we look at how to style a rose wedding theme. It is said that Cleopatra once filled a room with rose petals as she waited for a visit from Marc Antony. As a symbol of love and devotion roses are the archetypal romantic flower, and with limitless colours and varieties they can convey a formal atmosphere, compliment a vintage themed or country wedding or create a more casual and informal wedding.
Many brides incorporate roses into their bouquets, but here are some of our favourite alternative ideas for using roses at weddings:
- Rose confetti has long been popular at weddings and will add a romantic touch when sprinkled on tables, along aisles and walkways and even sprinkled into wedding invitation envelopes.
- Use rose detail either embroidered onto your wedding dress, garter or wear a rose corsage bracelet.
- Opt for a ruffled rose pink wedding dress (why not!)
- Use rose-shaped floating candles as part of tablescape decorations.
- Choose a rosebud boutonniere for the groom – small, neat and not overly ‘feminine’.
- Use rose-shaped scented soaps or candles to make intimate favors.
Picture credits – Bouquet from Weddding Chicks, floating rose candle from Shamrock Candles, rose petals in glasses from Two Twenty One, rambling rose dress from Etsy, Napa Valley Rose Candles from Wanelo, rose wedding cake from Blushing Bride Tumblr. white rose cupcakes from The Perfect Palette.
Category: Wedding Color & Theme Ideas