As November is Italian month on Aspirational Bride we thought we’d share some ideas with you as to how you can bring a little Italian style to your UK wedding!
Italian weddings vary enormously in their styling, from chic city weddings, informal rustic settings in the countryside, vintage inspired weddings in an ancient walled city or marrying by a sparking Italian lake, there are so many ideas and styles to choose from!
Italian Wedding Style
There are countless options with regards to food, some of our favourite ideas include:
- Serving Italian Antipasti as a starter or a fresh Insalata Tricolore – a beautiful salad based on the colours of the Italian flag using tomato, basil and mozzarella………
- Serve Biscotti with coffee (rather than mints or similar)
- Place a bowl of surgared almonds next to the cake table… you can use these as traditional favours too served in tulle bags, five almonds in each bag accompanied by the verse:
Five sugared almonds for each guest to eat
To remind us that life is both bitter and sweet.
Five wishes for the new husband and wife —
Health, wealth, happiness, children, and long life!
- Alternatives to wedding favours can include miniature bottles of Olive Oil, and beautiful miniature Limoncello bottles too.
- Serve sparkling glasses of Prosecco for the toasts instead of champagne
Table Names and Themes:
You have so many options here, each table could be themed after a place in Venice – i.e. Harry’s Bar, Cafe Florian etc… famous attractions in Rome, types of Italian pasta, Italian wines…Italian regions, Venetian masks… the list goes on!
There are so many colours which compliment an Italian wedding – think rustic olive greens and burlap from the countryside, Mediterranean cobalt blues and Tuscan sunflowers and citrus yellows!
Extra special touches:
Use Olive sprigs for the foliage in the men’s buttonholes, and tie napkins with ribbon and an olive sprig… beautiful!
Simply focus on the most important aspects of a traditional Italian wedding – your family, friends and fabulous food and you can’t go wrong!
If the above has made you think about planning your own Italian wedding, you can contact Accent Events for more information and advice…
Category: Wedding Color & Theme Ideas