Kate Kelvin shares her top tips for helping you choose the perfect bridal hair style:
Crowning Glory – Top Tips For Perfect Bridal Hair
Your hair is your crowning glory and needs to look perfect for your wedding day. Which style…up or down, half up, side bun, back bun, casual up do loose and flowing…so many styles and you can only choose one! So which one will it be…?
Here are my top tips to help you choose the perfect style ~
1. Take in account the neck line of your wedding dress (both front and back), this will determine whether you have your hair up, down, half up or to the side. If you have a higher lace neckline and want to show it off then hair up or away from the dress will be best. Off the shoulder or bodice styles dresses can have hair flowing around the shoulders. A detailed back on your dress needs a style to be either ‘up’ or to ‘one side’.
2. When you have decided if it’s an up or down style then take a good look on the internet or in magazines for a style that you love. Celebrity ‘red carpet’ events are a good inspiration.
2. Don’t worry about the length of your hair, as clip-in hair extensions are great for any style to add length and volume, I use real hair so they look totally natural and can be styled in the same way as your own hair.
3. Take into account your hair type, is it fine, thick, curly or straight? Find a style that will compliment your own hair to achieve a natural look.
4. Will you be wearing a veil and will it be worn over your face? if so then it needs to be placed on the top of the crown to give balance but if you’re not going to have it over your face then it can be placed in any position – but the hairstyle still needs to be able to accommodate it, it’s all about symmetry and balance!
5. What about decoration, tiara’s, slides, flowers or clips, brides are sometimes tempted to have a bit of everything but my rule is to have two pieces only.. keep it simple or you could look over adorned!
Your hairstylist will be able to advise you but at least you will have a head start!
“People always ask me how long it takes to do my hair. I don’t know, I’m never there.”
Category: Hair & Make-Up