The Pantomime season is now at an end, but there will always be brides who dream of their own Cinderella fairy-tale wedding with sumptuous tablescapes, a ballgown wedding dress, horse drawn carriage and grand floral arrangements (not to mention their very own Prince Charming!)
Today on Aspirational Bride we thought we’d share some ideas for planning your very own Cinderella themed wedding. As we have said before, wedding themes need to be planned carefully and it is possible to ‘over theme’ a wedding. This is certainly true of a Cinderella theme, and our moodboard is designed to inspire you with one or two ideas which you could incorporate into your own romantic style wedding. After all, Cinderella is all about romance!
Aspirational Bride’s Top Ten Cinderella Wedding Theme Ideas (choose carefully, and remember ‘less can sometimes be more’!):
- Opt for an opulent table – crisp white table cloths with gold or silver trimmings or sparkles work well!
- Add an eye-catching and dramatic centrepiece to your tablescape such as an ice-sculpture – maybe a glass slipper?!
- Think ‘big’ for your wedding dress, full skirt with lots of bodice detail and embellishments.
- Compliment your dress with a stunning fairy-tale tiara.
- Keep to the Cinderella theme with ‘glass slipper’ or ‘fairy-tale’ themed invitations – there are lots to choose from!
- Opt for a fairy-tale castle for your wedding cake, or go for a more traditional and understated cake and add a ‘glass slipper’ or ‘pumpkin’ cake topper.
- Use small white iced mice figures as wedding favors.
- Make sure your wedding reception finishes with the chime of a clock and ‘carriages at midnight’!
- Choose your wedding reception venue carefully – a ballroom would be perfect!
- Why not visit some real fairy-tale castles for your honeymoon – there are plenty to choose from in France, Austria and Germany!
Category: Wedding Color & Theme Ideas