Whether you are getting married or going to be a guest at a wedding, you will need to think carefully about the jewellery you will wear on the day. Here are our five top tips which will help you make the right decision:
Choosing Wedding Jewellery
1. Always choose and purchase your dress or wedding outfit before you start to think about your jewellery – you don’t want to spend money on something only to find that it then doesn’t work with the whole look of your outfit!
2. If you are wearing a dress, look at the neckline! If you opt for a halter neck style you may decide to forget the necklace and opt for beautiful drop earrings and a bracelet instead. If you choose a sweetheart or plunging neckline you may want to consider a strand necklace or a pendant design. For a one shouldered dress consider wearing a gorgeous bracelet on the opposite wrist.
3. Look at the fabric you are wearing – detail and pattern require simpler jewellery and plainer fabrics can be ‘dressed up; with more flamboyant designs!
We love jewellery designer Tom Binns, a Belfast born designer who has been designing, manufacturing and distributing jewellery for over thirty years. His jewellery has adorned icons ranging from Beyonce to Cate Blanchett and Michelle Obama to Lady Gaga.
There really is something for everyone in his latest collection too, from his classic Pearl Rialto range to the more flamboyant Au Lait jewellery and the ultra feminine Neopolitano range too!
4. Determine how long you want your jewellery to last and how often you plan to wear it after the wedding. Plainer designs generally have more longevity than high fashion pieces.
5. Finally, use magazines and websites for inspiration. We find creating Pinterest boards (which are like online scrap books or pin boards) really useful when you are trying to put a look together! There are some great boards to get you started if you are planning an outfit as a wedding guest as well as boards on wedding dress styles too!
Category: Fashion & Bling