Candy Bar Buffets –
Sweet or candy bar buffets at wedding receptions are becoming increasingly popular as guests pick and choose their favorite sweets. They make a fun and colourful alternative to traditional wedding favours.
Candy Bar Styling
If you are styling the buffet yourself you need to decide on the following:
1. Your colour theme – one or two key colours look most effective!
2. The amount of sweets you will need for your guests. You want plenty of choice but not lots left over at the end of the evening!
3. Where you will order your sweets from. There are lots of companies who will set out your candy/sweet buffet table for you and they would be able to advise you on amounts. Remember it is better to go to specialist suppliers where you will get quality but also be able to buy in bulk more cheaply! Approx 6-8 ounces per guest is a good guideline.
4. Make sure you present your sweets beautifully in large glass bowls and vases. IKEA have some cheap ones which would be perfect, and they come in lots of shapes and sizes. A table runner along the length of the table in your chosen colour scheme can look effective on a plain white cloth.
5. Silver or even coloured scoops will look great alongside either clear cellophane bags or boxes for guests to put all their selection in. A notice on the candy bar will complete the look with list of sweets provided, a welcome message etc..
Next week we’ll feature more specific styling to suit different candy buffets.
Category: Cakes & Catering
Sites That Link to this Post
- Candy Carts | Adding A Sweet Touch To Your Wedding! | November 2, 2012