As we begin 2013 the papers and magazines are full of exercise and diet plans, and promises of ‘a new you’… There are, however, many things we can do to help get our new year off to a great and glowing start, one of the simplest being a natural skin and body detox!
Bridal Skin Detox – Revitalise Your Face
Reduce eye puffiness and sooth away blemishes with this delicious face mask packed with skin cleansing antioxidants. Simply mix together equal parts of mashed strawberries and honey (2 tablespoons should be enough) and apply to your already cleansed skin. Leave the mask on for 15 minutes and gently wash off with warm water.
It can be constructive to cut out the following from the diet for a period of 7-28 days: alcohol, sugar, wheat, dairy, processed foods and meat, and replace with lots of water, fruit juices/smoothies, oily fish, nuts and seeds and a diet abundant in a rainbow of fruits and vegetables, approach the philosophy of a healthier routine as a way of life, not just a quick fix, to try and rectify a time of overindulgence.
Detoxifying The Body
Detoxifying the body also has great benefits to the skin, and therefore I recommend the following to help gain a clearer, brighter complexion.
1. Drink hot water with a wedge of lemon and some grated ginger at the start and end of your day.
2. Take milk thistle supplement to support the liver.
3. Dry skin brush before every shower, upwards and towards the heart.
4. Visit the steam room in the gym – great for the face (Avoid if you have high blood pressure, sensitive/vascular skin or severe acne).
5. Obviously – reduce alcohol, sugar and processed foods. These are ‘thieves of youth!’, and moderation will help increase ‘free radicals’ within the body.
6. Eat your greens and broccoli, spinach, berries, peppers, raw nuts and seeds. These are just some of natures best anti oxidants and free radical fighting foods.
7. Get a good nights sleep.
8. Workout your face not just your body! There are 98 facial muscles all of which, if exercised in the correct way regularly can maintain definition and tone. You can even gain a skinny chin, plump cheeks and the perfect pout!
9. Drink green and white tea 2-4 times a day. These are packed with high levels of Polyphenols which protect the skin cells from damage.
10. Stress less. Over time your body will release hormones that are conducive to assisting in the ageing process with lines and wrinkles becoming etched onto the face.
“A thing of beauty is a joy forever.”
― John Keats
Kate’s website – http://www.katekelvinmakeupartist.co.uk/
Category: Hair & Make-Up